Africa: Mega Voice Players are reaching Christian believers and leaders with the Gospel
DPM is using Mega Voice Players to reach Christian believers and Christian leaders in a growing number of African countries.
Over 28 years ago, the founders of MegaVoice pioneered the development of the first solar powered, digital audio Bible. Today, non-readers on every continent are now beginning to have access to the Scriptures in their own language, in a form they can readily understand.
Not only can they listen to the audio Bible, but other audio files can also be loaded to the MegaVoice player. DPM is using this option and has loaded Derek’s audio Bible teaching to the players.
- We will supply Mega Voice players to Youth with a Mission’s bases across Madagascar. Another ten Mega Voice solar players will be distributed in Madagascar, including two for Dries and Valerie who have worked here for 20 years. Dries is awaiting a bigger catamaran to have access to unreached villages along the west coast. He can then carry 10 other people and more supplies, along with Derek’s Malagasy material. The catamaran leaves South Africa for Madagascar with Derek’s material on May 17, a two-week trip!
- Ten players will be distributed to prison outreach chaplains in 33 prisons in Malawi. Iris Ministry, Youth with a Mission and Operation Mobilization will also receive them, along with pastors who are planting churches.
- In Mozambique ten Mega Voice players will be distributed to five IRIS Ministries Bible schools, Youth with a Mission, Operation Mobilization and other ministries we have been partnering with for many years that are training leaders and planting churches.
- In Namibia ten Mega Voice players will be distributed to Operation Mobilization and Youth with a Mission bases as well as to pastors, including some in very isolated places. They are all doing amazing work in training leaders and planting churches.
- In South Africa ten players will be distributed to Operation Mobilization and Youth with a Mission, Bible schools and other ministries we have been relating to for a number of years. One player has gone to Albert Chipps in Cape Town for his ministry on board a communications ship.
He writes: “Elaine and I just want to thank you so much for this player. I just broke a three-day fast for the state of our nation. I always struggle to fast, but God really came through. We listened to some of the teaching on the player, and it was profound as usual! God bless you all at DPM.”
- Swaziland - ten players will be distributed to radio stations, Operation Mobilization and Youth with a Mission bases, and other ministries that train leaders and plant churches.
- Ten Mega Voice players have already been distributed safely to Tanzania to radio stations, Youth with a Mission, Operation Mobilization, Bible schools and other ministries involved with leadership training and church planting. Fifteen Christian radio stations will have staff gather for training in uploading broadcast material to a Trans World Radio satellite station. They are eager to have the Mega Voice players.
- In Zambia ten Mega Voice players will be distributed to Kaniki Bible School, GLO Bible School, Baptist Theological Seminary in Lusaka, pastors and various ministries. ver 28 years ago, the founders of MegaVoice pioneered the development of the first solar powered, digital audio Bible. Today, non-readers on every continent are now beginning to have access to the Scriptures in their own language, in a form they can readily understand.