Many Christians in Eastern Europe need foundational Bible teaching to help them build their lives upon God’s Word.
Here are just a handful of comments from our outreach workers in this region that can help you understand why Christians in Eastern Europe need our help:
- The church in Croatia is made up of small congregations that are often led by people who do not have a lot of Bible training. This means that most Christians are not taught well and some lose the desire to go to church.
- In Poland a lot of people would describe themselves as Christians but most of them do not know even the basics of faith. A series of simple resources that outline the principles of our faith is needed for igniting people’s love for the Bible.
- In recent years Bulgaria has been flooded with Christian books that present unbalanced views of scriptures which have caused confusion amongst believers. Because of this situation, we are seeing more Christians asking for teaching by Derek Prince because they know that Derek’s books are rooted in biblical truths.
- In Serbia lack of trained leaders coupled with the difficult economic situation is contributing to the weakening of the church. In such difficult times, Christians are crying out for Bible based materials they can use in their churches.
Throughout his many years of ministry Derek Prince encouraged Christians from all walks of life to build strong foundations for their faith by studying God’s Word. He helped them to do so by creating a wealth of discipleship resources for them to use.
I know that when Christians in Eastern Europe get hold of Derek’s teaching in their language and apply it in their lives amazing transformations can happen, as the enclosed testimonies show.
So, by making more of Derek’s teaching available to Christians in Eastern Europe we can help them build a vibrant faith. That is why, in 2017 we want to translate, print and distribute thousands of copies of the Foundation Series and other key titles by Derek Prince.
Will you send a gift of £20 today to help Christians in Eastern Europe lay a strong foundation for their faith?
Right now we are seeking to raise £48,000 for translating and printing in total 60,000 copies of the Foundation Series in Slovak, Croatian, Albanian, Slovenian, Moldavian and Macedonian languages.
Also, we want to raise an additional £28,000 for printing 16,000 copies of key titles by Derek Prince including Secrets of A Prayer Warrior, Marriage Covenant, Rules of Engagement, They Shall Expel Demons, and more— in Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Serbian, Czech and Bulgarian languages.
It is only with your help that we can continue our ministry of resourcing Christians in Eastern Europe.
Thank you for your generous heart and for your commitment to growing strong disciples in Eastern Europe.
Yours in Christ,
DPM–EE Outreach Director
What your gift can make possible:
- £20 could help put a set of 10 Foundation Series booklets into the hands of two believers in Croatia, Albania or Slovakia.
- £50 can help put a life-changing book by Derek Prince into the hands of pastors who can then pass on the teaching to their congregations.
- £100 can help resource a small group in a local church and give them a chance to build strong foundations for their lives.
- £500 can cover the translation cost of a book into a new language.
A TESTIMONY FROM SERBIA:
God brought Derek Prince into our lives to become our spiritual mentor!
Nenad and Biljana from Pozarevac in Serbia first came across Derek’s teaching in 1996, when they got a copy of Blessing or Curse You Can Choose. At that time they were new believers. Reading this book changed their understanding of spiritual matters.
Over the years they listened to Derek’s teaching cassettes and read over 20 of his books. Derek’s teaching provided wonderful spiritual food for them. They consider Derek as their spiritual mentor because as Nenad put it: ‘Derek Prince, as a Bible teacher loved God not only with his heart strength, but also with his mind.’
One of the most influential books for them was Foundations for Christian Living. Studying this book helped them to put their spiritual lives in order — because many times they felt confused and disoriented by various opinions that were not Bible based.
Nenad and Biljana are grateful to the DPM team in Serbia for making Derek’s teaching available to them and for enriching their spiritual lives.
A TESTIMONY FROM HUNGARY:
Derek’s teaching helped us increase our perseverance My name is Barnabás and I live in Porcsalma, a small village on the Hungarian border inhabited mostly by Roma people. I am a Roma man, and for the last 20 years my wife and I have been serving God by leading a small church in our village.
We studied together the Self-Study Bible Course by Derek Prince, which gave us such a Bibleknowledge we could build our houses of faith upon. Studying the Bible using this book made our faith in God get stronger.
We got appropriate guidance for how to deal with different situations based on the answers we gave to the questions from this book. Building strong foundations for our faith increased our perseverance and encouraged us to serve God and people without fear.