Encouraging the church to make disciples of Jesus
In April 1985 Derek Prince taught about the importance of the church boldly proclaiming the gospel and making disciples of Jesus.
He said: 'We cannot afford to wait for the time when there’ll be no more opposition. We have to go out in the face of the opposition and go through the doors that God has opened, even if they’re surrounded by enemies and by opponents.'
The prophetic words he spoke at that time ring true today. They sum up our vision for continuing to make Derek’s Bible teaching available to Christians worldwide in 2018 so they can be better equipped to make disciples of Jesus.
Looking ahead: Strategic Outreach projects for 2018
- Balkan countries /Eastern Europe: In 2018 we will be printing and distributing over 20 key books by Derek Prince in 10 languages to help pastors and believers in Albania, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Poland and elsewhere to draw closer to God and grow strong churches.
- Latin America: A major project is the translation and production of Derek’s radio programme into one or more Quechua languages. We are praying for God to bring the right translator to us for the voicing and production of this new programme.
- China: We are aiming to print and distribute Shaping History Through Prayer And Fasting and Praying For The Government by Derek Prince as widely as possible. Our desire is that through Derek’s teaching, the Chinese church will be empowered to do what they did 30 years ago before huge church growth came – to seek the face of the Lord in prayer.
Also we are seeking to expand our outreach online through WeChat and the three different Chinese websites. Where believers cannot attend meetings or receive good teaching, we are giving them opportunities to download and use solid Bible teaching resources by Derek Prince.
- Middle East: In 2018 we will continue to make Derek’s teaching available to thousands of believers in Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon etc. The Lord is opening new doors for us to translate Derek’s teaching into new local languages and to reach Syrian refugees in Lebanon, Jordan and Europe.
- Former Soviet Republics: we will continue to print and distribute thousands of copies of the Self Study Bible Course and other books to put them in the hands of prisoners in Russia and Ukraine.
- Indian Subcontinent: we aim to provide thousands of Bible college graduates in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Pakistan with pastoral and discipleship book packs by Derek Prince that they can use to share the good news of Jesus and disciple new believers. Also, we will continue to train pastors and evangelists for effective ministry and spiritual warfare.